Friday, August 10, 2007

Letter from a Park

Letter From A Park

I got your letter the other day
Sweet memories flooded my demented mind
recreated those sugary times no more shared
By the park ere we bade a tearful bye
I relived those endless nights
of wakeful emptiness
that threatened my sanity
I got your letter the other day.

I got your letter the other day
Re-shed the tearful words we once shared
Re-heard your thundering, expectant heartbeat
Pulping a strange rhythm that lost its beat
You'll sigh at my sorry sight
as do those who sit by my side these days
I am insane since I got your letter the other day

I got you letter the other day
Your letter demented me
In insanity I beheld your distant reality
and multiplied my sane insanity
My haunted heart ghost-beating
Against the skeleton that's left of me
since I got your letter that day.

Only your creation's breath remains
In my shattered remains
Only the miles of movie-reels
Play on my mind's screen
Like a jilted lover's dream
since I got your letter the other day.


otienoamisi

No comments: