Friday, August 10, 2007

I Wish You'd Hide Me

I Wish You'd Hide Me

I wish you'd hide me
beneath the sea’s sleepy depths
Leave me
to the crab's cutting claws
there, choking in the sandy salt,
I'd gladly await death.

I wish you'd hide me
beneath the heavy rocks
of Kit Mikayi
Under the massive granites
of Maseno
there, my nothingness
flattened
l' d sadly soak in the godly cold.

I wish you'd tie me tight
Drag me behind a rusty rover
Across the rocky Tsavo
my bones,
searing in the heated vastness
would love you
even more.

I wish you'd strangle me
On a web or string of gun
Fly me over the sea
my heart
tumbling down
would beat harder for you.

I wish you'd strangle me
with a long, long rope
Like the railway line
at Daraja Mbili
my heart, shedding tears of blood
would rightfully cry out to you.
And I would be yours forever.

otienoamisi

No comments: